Here’s an oldie, but as the saying goes, a goodie! WATER! I know everyone says drink more water, it’s simple, it’s basic. However, most people don’t want to hear it. Next to air, water is key to life as we know it. Humans can live without food for up to a year or more, but only make it a few days without water. Let’s look at what happens when you are sufficiently hydrated:
- Regulates body systems – Water is a rock star of regulating systems. It helps carry nutrients to the cells and who doesn’t need that? Water assists in the absorption of the nutrients once they get where they need to go, it helps regulate body temperature and it can improve respiratory function – woo hoo! more oxygen, YES!
- Cushion joints & vital organs – we put our bodies through a lot every day and what better way to help it along than by creating a better cushion for joints & vital organs to float along this arduous daily path?
- Possible headache cure – Studies have proven many headaches are caused by dehydration so instead of reaching for the Advil, try drinking water first. It maybe ALL the “medicine” your body needs.
- Assist with weight loss – Sometimes hunger is just thirst in disguise. The next time you feel hungry & you’ve recently eaten, try a few sips of water to see if the feeling subsides.
- Support brain function – WOW, a discussion about brain function can quickly become VERY complex. As we all know, our brain is the operating center of our entire bodies. It is 85% water but has no real way to store water. Even a 2% drop in brain hydration levels can cause your brain to operate at less than peak performance. In addition to reduced mental clarity and acuity, other mental symptoms of consistently low hydration levels include: brain fog, afternoon fatigue, depression, anger, irritability, exhaustion, headaches and sleep issues.
- Better energy levels – With all of these benefits and improvements, how can we NOT have more energy! Work towards helping ALL those with water? Why wait!
So drink in all of these benefits! How much simpler can it get?